Brackish Tank Project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rustyfan21

AC Members
Oct 9, 2008
not sure yet, thinking of a school of monos, some bumble bee's, and maybe a couple of f8's but not sure on the f8's just yet. Any suggestions?

mlefessler

AC Members
Mar 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
110 gallon tank for free?! Dang - I wish I could find something like that in my area. That's a lucky find! I'm quite insanely jealous.....as I'm on the prowl for a bigger tank (75-100 gals) to house a green spotted puffer or if I can find a bigger tank, a porcupine puffer. I LOVE the dogface puffers, but seeing that they require a HUGE tank, don't think that's entirely feasible (I don't think my floors could handle that type of weight).

For a 110 gallon - f-8's would be tiny (3 inches as an adult)! However, if you're sticking to brackish, f-8's would be the most logical species to put in there. If you wanted to go saltwater, I would suggest a green spotted (6 inches as an adult) as they require full marine as adults. So, as in brackish, f-8's sound good. How about a dragon goby? They're interesting species for brackish water, too.

Keep up on the updates - I'm really curious to see how it goes!

Last edited:

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Looking good, looking forward to this build!

rustyfan21

AC Members
Oct 9, 2008
Updated photos
Started with the basic tank then built the frame work for the stand

Made the top

Then moved onto finishing the stand

Now the tank stand and canopy is complete.

When budget allows I will be working on the lighting system.

Last edited:

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
sweet. I would devote that whole tank to dragons, some chromides, some mollies... oooh sounds like what im doing now lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store