Clownfish not eating

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
Hey, I have 2 Ocellaris and one of them never seems to be eating at all (at least not that I see) I got my first about a week ago and the first day or two he ate but only a little and what was right in front of him. (now he moves around more though). My 2nd clown I got 2 days ago and he's a tiny bit bigger, Since I got him he has some filmy looking stuff on him and doesn't look as good as the other one. I hope he's not sick, and he doesn't seem to be eating much either. I have tried feeding him mysis shrimp and marnie flakes(which my other clown seems to love). BTW these 2 clowns came from the same place, and the 2nd one is a little bigger. Any idea why he's not eating? Also this morning I found him at the bottom of the tank, which the clowns are never there. But after turning the lights back on he seems back to normal, just not really eating.!?!??!?!?!?!

Thanks,
AC

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Any kind of film is a bad sign. How fast did it proceed and has it gotten any worse? It could mean the difference between a slower moving, easily treated bacterial infection or a full blown case of brooklynellosis, which kills very quickly. Any pics, extra observations, water parameters, etc. would help out.

Random name

AC Members
Jul 26, 2009
brooklynellosis, like Amphphrion said. I had a fish that I thought was sick with what i thought was brooklynella, but both of my fish ate. But, the day before he died, he didn't seem to eat at all. I had 2 of my fish die the day they finally "kicked the bucket"

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210285

go to that link and tell me if what happened was similar to what your experiencing. I am referring to the first paragraph mainly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store