Retrofiting a Drip Pan in Wet/Dry

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

widdledink

Graphic Design sluth
Sep 23, 2003
Chattanooga, TN
I am thinking of swaping out my current rotating spraybar with a drip pan on my wet/dry. I don't feel as though I am getting much movement of the water to the filter because of the spraybar and have noticed that a drip pan may move the water through a bit faster.

My question is...

How do I build one? What will I need. Anyone got any ideas or has anyone done this?

Tanks in advance.

Grady

Alastair

Loser
Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
It should be fairly simple. Basically, a drip tray consists of a sheet of acrylic roughly the same size as the bioball chamber, with a lot of holes drilled in it. 1/8th inch holes are probably about right. You will also want to glue a shallow lip around the edge of the drip tray, maybe 3/4 of an inch or so, so that the water actually exits through the holes instead of mostly running off the sides. Finally, you will need some kind of lip attached within the bioball chamber to rest the drip tray on. Leave the drip tray loose, not permanently attached, so you can remove it if you ever need to. Then simply pull the spray bar off and let the water dump directly onto the tray. That should about do it.

Phildo

AC Members
Nov 26, 2003
New Orleans
Visit site
Is your wet dry a converted fish aquarium or factory made filter?
If it's an aquarium I can show you some photos of what I just did to mine for a nice drip pan solution.

widdledink

Graphic Design sluth
Sep 23, 2003
Chattanooga, TN
Is your wet dry a converted fish aquarium or factory made filter?
My Wet dry is factory made. I am interested in you photos though. Pleaz Post them!

TY Alastair for the info.

I am going to give it a try.

Tanks alot.

Phildo

AC Members
Nov 26, 2003
New Orleans
Visit site
I made the drip plate so it would rest on the lip of the aquarium, then I built up a box with thick lexan and sealed the box with silicone. I'm still working on a permanent lid for it.

dsc00967.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store