Corkscrew Vals

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pudge

AC Members
Feb 17, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I have 2 corkscrew val plants, and they seem to be dying, or at least browning in colour.. It looks like I see a sprout beside them, could this be the case? Is this one of the plants that once it sprouts another it dies off?

Please let me know! Thanks in advance :)

Pudge

AC Members
Feb 17, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I have had them for around 2 weeks now and I have a 30" CF light 2x65watt bulbs.

Pudge

AC Members
Feb 17, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Shoot, I do use excel, and I think I have excel substrate ferts though, like the little tablets to put under the soil.

avionics30

San Diego Discus
Nov 18, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.sandiegodiscus.com
I would get a root tab and put it about 1" away from the base of the roots. IME, I use root tabs with these and they take off! You will have to wait for the plant acclimate and hit the root tab with the roots. What kind of substrate are you dealing with?

When this plant takes off, it will grow like a weed. Shoots come off and they make long chains of new plants. I had a tank that started with 4 12" plants. They seemed to just exist for about a month. I actually forgot about it since it was in the back of the tank behing some wood. Then one day I saw a shoot come all the way forward. When I looked at the back, it had shot runners 3 feet across the back of the tank. Looks pretty!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store