Uncommon solutions (Show yours)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

HrdWodFlor

Tiger Dog is on the lookout!
Oct 7, 2008
Hope Mills, NC
After reading the "what works for me may not work for you" thread by: PopPopsfish, link here, I got to thinking about some of the things I've made to solve a problem. Mostly because I'm too cheap to go buy something. Come on, why spend money if you can make it your self? Post some of the creations you have come up with!
I'll start.

Homemade fry growth chamber. (old 2 liter)

filter output splitter to reduce strong currents (more cola bottle action)

Show off your creativity! :)

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
can you show how to make a splitter like that???? those are good filters IMO

Matt101905

Love Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Arkansas
This is for my moonlights that I made out of scrap wood we had already.
EDIT: That plastic thing you made for your filter, I just made one...took me about 10min. to get it cut and setup. Thanks for the idea!

Moonlight Canopy.jpg

Moonlight Canopy.jpg

Last edited:

sed03f

a plant a fish
Jul 23, 2008
Florida
inverthobby.com
Real Name
Sarah
That splitter is awesome, I need one, how does it attach? We stuck one of our 30g's in an old tv stand and mounted the light to the top.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Show off your creativity! :)
Great idea for a thread... should be interesting to find out what other people have come up with.

I'll try to think of something I do that's creative and useful. (I know, don't hold your breaths.. lol.)

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
^^^ that sounds cool!!!

for one of my tanks im using an old printer stand!!

AquaGem

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Kzoo Michigan
Real Name
Tori
Well, this isn't up to par with what you guys are doing... but I like the idea of this thread! So I put my snail jello in water bottle caps. I like it because it's pre-sized and I can just pull a few out to defrost. I also like it because it's super easy to spot and take out of the tank. I also have different sized as you can see. There's a small and a large based on how full the cap is :)

Mokomon

You can call me Sharon :)
Oct 16, 2008
N.H.
*Takes notes*

:D

Hurley

aka Bunny13
Oct 2, 2005
Baltimore, Maryland
www.freewebs.com
A couple years ago I was treating my tank for ich. Rather then slowly adding the salted water manually, I created a home made drip system. It worked really well. The only problem was that I needed to remember to refill it. There was an air valve attached to regulate the drip rate.

DrNo

Overworked Member...
Jul 9, 2008
A couple years ago I was treating my tank for ich. Rather then slowly adding the salted water manually, I created a home made drip system. It worked really well. The only problem was that I needed to remember to refill it. There was an air valve attached to regulate the drip rate.

Priceless! :thm: Great DIY tank IV

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store