speaking of air pumps

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

beabroca

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
i went tonight after being on here and bought a air pump some tubing a sandstone bubble stick that was suppost to cover the whole back wall...and one of those valves...i can get the pump to pump out air, but after i put the valve thing on no air comes out, ive tried to turn the valve around but no air comes thru...if i blow thru the valve air goes thru...i have the pump on high to see of that was the prob, i bought a fusion quiet power 400...i guess it was the one that was there between the best one and the worst? it also says that it can hook up , up to 4 air operated ornaments, filters or airstones but i cant get it to work?

beabroca

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
bumpdidy bump bump ...bumpbump

beabroca

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
bump bump?

beabroca

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
i couldnt find it, the lfs guy knows what our tank was and sold it to us...its a model 400 and yes i can feel air coming out...when theres no valve thing and the air goes thru the valve thing when i blow in it...and the air also goes thru the other part of the tubing when i blow in it....the tubing is not even 3 feet long...and when its all hooked up...no air at all

GuZZiZZiT

the geek shall inherit the earth
Oct 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Are you talking about a check valve? Are you sure it's installed in the right direction? A check valve will allow air threw it in one direction but not the other.

JenniferLynn

AC Members
Dec 4, 2008
Page, AZ
Try it without the valve and see if it works. If it does the prob is with the valve and not the pump. Some of the valves also allow you to control the pressure with a little round knob...if you have something like that try turning it each way and see if you get some airflow.

leonidman63

AC Members
Jul 22, 2005
Did you try the airstone with the valve? I assume you are speaking of a check valve, some check valves require to much pressue to operate and that can take away from the air pumps ability to pump air.

beabroca

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
it is a check valve, we thought we got a bad one and went and got another one, same prob....what would happen if i didnt use that?...no round knob on the check valve...teh pump has a knob and its up all the way

GuZZiZZiT

the geek shall inherit the earth
Oct 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Without a check valve you run the risk of water siphoning back into your air pump (and possible all over the floor) if the power fails or the air tube becomes disconnected from the pump.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store