DIY plywood tank ??EPOXY PAINT??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

boy96792

AC Members
Mar 6, 2009
In about two to three weeks I will be working on making a plywood tank. I have the plywood and the glass for this so it won’t really cost me much. This will be my first attempt at building one. What I’m stuck on is the epoxy paint. I have been researching this for about 3 – 4 months and it seems that everyone has their own opinion on what they should use. Now my question is what is the safest epoxy paint there is for my fish? And also where can I get it and around how much it would cost me. Anyone with suggestions please let me know I could use all the help that I can get.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I think you will find opinions very varied on this. There are several out there and folks all seem to use what they are comfortable with. The size of the tank will determine the cost.

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
what about pond armor

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
I used tintable epoxy resin the first time around, from MAS Epoxies. I've been very pleased with it. The half gallon kit was about 55-60 bucks i think. I'm repainting the tank though, because I want it to be more of a solid color, so I'm using Sweetwater epoxy paint from Aquatic Ecosystems. The gallon kit was around $80.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store