So who runs an under gravel filter here?(Also post your filtration setups)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tcarswell

Bichir guy
Jan 7, 2009
Sacramento California
I got one and love it. It even has two extra outlets with caps I can pop off to remove any crap out of there (still have not found any crap under the plates) But I vacuum often. Anyone else use an under gravel?

I got mine hooked up with two lift tubes and one with a powerhead.
Also on the tank is a top fin 60 , AC110 , and an eheim 2215
its 55 gallons

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
i hate them!!!!! but i also had fry and i was feeding powdered food.

tcarswell

Bichir guy
Jan 7, 2009
Sacramento California
I never had one,will it suck my babies down? And where do you get one? I never see them at the stores.
They are at stores. And no babies do not get sucked down in to them.
If the powdered food is fed often I would recommend against it. Other wise its a great bio filter.

BreezeRuehls

I own you
Mar 8, 2009
Virginia Beach
sounds good to me, I had one in a beta tank I had when I was like 8, haven't seen them since. Also Hawaii has a crappy selection of everything since it has to be shipped, I gotta go hunting. About how much do they cost?

tcarswell

Bichir guy
Jan 7, 2009
Sacramento California
Cheap ! Got mine for my 55 gallon for under 30 bucks

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
I agree undergravel filters make great bio-filters, but do you really need it with the power and canister filters you listed, hehe?

I personally havent installed a UGF in a decade, but I tend to plant whatever has fish in it, and plants and UGF dont mix to well.

tcarswell

Bichir guy
Jan 7, 2009
Sacramento California
lol I dont think its necessary With all my other means of filtration but! I have a battery back up pump so if the power goes out at least the under gravel filters are running

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I have about 14 tanks running UGF and more than that with RUGF. 8 of the RUGF are driven by canister filters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store