My 29G FOWLR Pics and Phases

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
Hey, this is my only and first saltwater tank which I'm pretty sure has been doing pretty well so far. I have pics that I took between 1-2 months ago that are from when I was starting up the tank. So i'll start posting things in order of the phases of my tank.

Here is the first live Rock I got from my LFS, that rock and another rock had some aipstasia on it. I got rid of it all about a week ago and got a peppermint shrimp to keep it under control. But over this period of time, they at least tripled in amount and size so I knew I had to get rid of them.

Here is a pic of 20 more pounds I got from ebay from a seller who was taking down there tank. The rock arrived in soaked papper towels and plasic bags which caused the postage box to be wet by the time I got it. In this pic the rocks are not set-up very well like they are now and that would cause for alot of dead spots, but now it's much more open so I will post a pic when I can get one!

Also the only current filtration being used is the marineland penguin 200 which has worked perfectly well so far,-- that is after I fixed it becuase some sand got stuck in the propeller and I thought it was brocken for about a day! :mad2: But I fixed it so all turned out well! :dance:

I will post more later today showing my next steps in the tank and my first fish.- thanks for any opinions, comments or anything you think needs to be done or you would do diferently. Thanks!!!

004.JPG 005.JPG Live Rock 007.JPG Live Rock 004.JPG

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Aiptasia multiplies pretty fast, Dont they? One thing about the heater, If the bottom suction cup & clip is on the heating elements (hot), would recommend to move it up away from heating elements.

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
Hey, here are my next steps in my tank which include me getting my first fish a yellowtail damsel. This was mainly used as a testing fish to make sure it would be safe for others and until my water levels became a little better cause there was still a bit of ammonia/nitrites and my nitrates were probably a little high. After the levels went find and the damsel was living fine, I introduced two occilaris clowns into tank. He was way too territorial though so I had to return him to the store so he wouldn't go after the clowns. Also, I had to put him in a bottle with holes overnight before I had to return him so he wouldn't go after the clowns that night.

Next I also put a couple turbo snails, 3 red legged hermit crabs and, and a astreus and nssarius snails in the tank to start working on algee and they all seem to be doing very well!

Fish progress1 009.JPG Fish progress1 012.JPG Fish progress1 018.JPG Fish progress1 021.JPG Fish progress1 019.JPG Fish progress1 034.JPG

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
Here are some more pics of my clowns, they both seem to be doing pretty well currently, they spend alot of there time in one side of the tank but they swim around a bit around the tank throughout the day. They are still relatively new at this point though about a month and they are starting to swim around alot more!

And my tank is going to include some reef, nothing that needs to high lighting needs, but moderate and maybe moderate high would work with the lights I'm getting later this week.-- And I already have 1 corals which should be fine until the lights get there and it's doing well!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store