HOT Magnum Canister Help Please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jencheung

AC Members
Jan 22, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'm trying to set up my new HOT Magnum Canister and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I followed the set up directions very carefully and have gone through the whole process (disassembling and reassembling according to directions) several times and each time it pumps out the water that I put in the canister just fine but there isn't any water going in the intake so as soon as that water's gone it runs dry. As far as I can tell there's no suction happening at all with the intake. Anyone have this problem and have any ideas how to fix it? Thanks in advance! :help:

edh

AC Members
Feb 15, 2009
"Chicagoland"
I got a HOT used and had the same problem, this is what I did wrong. The "D" shaped o-ring goes on top of the canister and is compressed between the lid and the top of the canister. I mistakenly put my "D" ring around the edge of the canister and it did just what is happening to yours.

I hope this makes sense and you can get your HOT working.

jencheung

AC Members
Jan 22, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Thanks for the responses. edh - That was exactly the problem! I never would have figured that out in a million years so thanks for your help. It's now up and running perfectly. It took a little bit longer than I expected (about half an hour) for it to stop spitting bubbles and making noise but now it's running just fine. Thanks again!

edh

AC Members
Feb 15, 2009
"Chicagoland"
Thanks for the responses. edh - That was exactly the problem! I never would have figured that out in a million years so thanks for your help. It's now up and running perfectly. It took a little bit longer than I expected (about half an hour) for it to stop spitting bubbles and making noise but now it's running just fine. Thanks again!
I am glad I could help.

When it happened to me it drove me nuts. I like my HOT better than my 350s.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store