Is this Eheim Filter Good ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nagukush

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
HI Friends !

I'm planning to buy this Internal Filter called Eheim Pickup - http://www.thegreenmachineaquatics....00000dg/199048/Eheim Pick Up Internal Filters

Just wanted to request you friends to kindly have a look at / read the link above and kindly guide me if its ok for a 3 Feet - 150 Liter tank. If yes then should I go for the 2080 or 2010 ? I mean I know that the 2010 looks more appropriate but my concern is that it might have too much flow for my fishes to be comfortable (I'm planning to keep a pair of Brichardi or a few Yellow Labidochromis) - Infact I already have a spare Eheim Powerline 2048 Internal Filter but I find that its flow is too much for the 3 feet tank and the filter doesnt have a provision to adjust / reduce the outflow. Even the direction of the filter cant be adjusted so that I can direct it to front or back glass... I guess I will have to go for the pickup filter only...

Anyways, kindly have a look at the filter's description and please suggest if you feel its good / enough for my 3 feet tank. The unique feature of this is that the pump is located at the bottom and so the water if PUSHED thru the Filter media, instead of PULLING the water thru the media (like all common filters do) - I'm not sure if its a good / efficient design - Kindly guide me on what you think. Should I go for it then ?

Please help and advice...
Regards and Care
Kush

yhbae

AC Members
Aug 5, 2003
Canada
www.aqadvisor.com
I've never seen anyone using this filter yet. So I really don't know if they work well.

Is there any reason why you are not considering more common canisters or HOB?

nagukush

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
I cant use an external filter because of the tank's location - btw is it ok to keep a external filter on the same level as the tank ? Also cant use a hang-on because of the Tank's hood / cover. So the only option I have is to use an internal filter...

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
I've not seen one of these before. Sorry. The only advise I can give is that perhaps a small canister like the Tom's Rapid C-80 http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/23234/product.web
works very well with smaller tanks and it can/should be used level with the tank.

You don't have to hang it from the tank--I have mine standing behind the tank.

nagukush

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
What about the feature - that the pump is located at the bottom and so the water is PUSHED thru the Filter media, instead of PULLING the water thru the media (like all common filters do) - seems good / efficient design - Kindly guide me on what you think.

yhbae

AC Members
Aug 5, 2003
Canada
www.aqadvisor.com
Also, most filters are way overrated if you go by their ads numbers. In this case, their largest one is rated barely to the size of yours so I doubt in reality, it will do the job even if it works as advertised.

One question about your hood - what does it look like? I've never seen one that doesn't allow any filtration over the top before...

nagukush

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
Its just a wooden Cover which completely covers the tank and fits exactly on all sides of the tank. I guess I'll have to cut the Hood to allow a hang-on filter to fit in there...

nagukush

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
I do have this Eheim Powerline 2048 filter which as per eheim is for 200 L tank but I find the flow of it is too much and I'm afraid that it might disturb my fishes and their babies... I'm really not sure if its ok or too much. Any ideas on how to find if the flow is ok ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store