48" Nova Extreme Pro HO T5 directly on the glass of the tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
ok, so this is the lighting I have

it is the 48" Nova Extreme Pro HO T5.
It came with these plastic llegs that can come off if needed.... I do have glass tops on the tank, but I also have these legs on which does not allow for me to close the canopy because the light sits up to high on the legs. My question is, since I have glass on top of the tank, should I even need these legs? Can't I keep the light right on the glass/trim? I am thinking the fans would keep the heat to a low level, but I then worry about the middle bracket, would the integrity on that be strained?

Whaddya think?

SuBXeRo

TaNkAsAuRaUs REX
Jul 22, 2008
NJ and AZ
I have the nova extreme 216 watt unit and i had the lil feetys that come witht he light the lil rubber ones and i had that over the glass of my tank. i didn't notice any drawbacks per say, i just preferred it up on the legs so that when i opened the top of the tank it was as close to the water. I also tried to center the fixture over the glass because of the evap from the tank can't be good for the electronics.

As far as cooling is concerned, the fan should do its job, it cant hurt to have more airflow though.

In short, you should be fine

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store