where to buy egg crate...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jameshilljr

Kanien'k?haka-People of the Flint
Jun 8, 2008
Sanford, NC
I am wanting to change out the gravel substrate in my 55g to sand, and I'm trying find a place that actually sells egg crate. Most people look at me like I'm crazy, when I ask them if they sell "egg crate"-is there another name for it? I've tried to describe it to people, and no one here seems to understand what I'm looking for...:swear:

smokin

AC Members
Jan 27, 2009
palmyra pa
its in the ligthing section of lowes etc. egg crate or call it something like suspended light disperser ( i had people look at me funny when i asked for eggcrate , i happened to look up and seen a piece of what i wanted covering a vent on there roof. so i pointed it out and the took me right to it.)gl

edit: take a picture from the interent with you to show them.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Yep I bought mine at Lowe's too. I think a sheet of it is around $10 bucks.

smokin

AC Members
Jan 27, 2009
palmyra pa
yea but nobody in any stores i was at know what eggcrate was. i had to find like 5 diff people till i got my eggcrate. it for lighing fixtures. was kinda hard to find it was in a box. yea cost around 10$.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
The kind they sell at Lowes is very thin. I buy it at the local electrical supply house in 1/2" and 5/8" thick sheets. They call it egg crate diffuser.

Mark

Nora

AC Members
Feb 5, 2009
I struggled with shopping for this too, it helps if you can describe the use it was intended for, drop down ceiling grid light panels. When they actually bother to look at the label it does say eggcrate tho :headshake2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store