Setting up Eheim 2262

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2005
VA-DC-MD
I wanna thank Infinite Aquatics for getting me the media. and HarleyK for being the canister man!

Eheim Ehfisubstrat Pro 5L x 2
Eheim Ehfimech 5L x 2
Eheim Ehfifix 5L x 2

Seem the Eheim Ehfimech will clog up the grill

So I use Ehiem Filter bag to get them...

Eheim Ehfifix 2 bag

seem the top gill wont fit after 10 L of Eheim Ehfisubstrat Pro ... so i took out Eheim Ehfifix....

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
I never knew the giant classic didnt come with media, wow that must have been a small fortune to fill.

tcarswell

Bichir guy
Jan 7, 2009
Sacramento California
I cannot wait to get mine within the week its going on my monster tank to be with an FX5 and a nice sump:devil:

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Since you are going bare bottom in the tank & no live plants, I don't think having the EhfiMech in the bag will be an issue. Even though it seems having them loose will clog the lower lattice, they actually don't. At least not for awhile. Occasionally, some will break & fall below the lattice.

I bought some Matala filter media & cut a pad to fit for the 1st layer in my 2262. Then I put the EhfiMech as the 2nd layer. Cut some additional Matala pads & added them. I put the EhfiSubstrat Pro in the media bag & am using polyfil for the final polishing before the top lattice. It is working very well for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store