Breeding tank filtration

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ilikewomen

AC Members
Apr 30, 2008
I want to setup about 4 10 gallons for breeding. I have an aquaculture dual output (walmart pump) and i am thinking about using my diy corner bottle filter. Will this be ok with cories guppies and mollies?

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
They are generally larger fish, so probably. I would probably just use air-driven sponge filters.

McLendon

AC Members
Oct 13, 2006
It is more about how cories spawn.they stick egg's to things.the mollies and guppies are free swiming from birth

REDKAHUNA

AC Members
Mar 4, 2009
MARYLAND
I breed cories and use old fashioned box filters or corner filters. In the filters PEA GRAVEL and hypoallergenic pillow floss. [much cheaper than filter floss and the same get it at your local craft or textils shop.]I keep the tops of so the floss is eay to get at. Like McLendon says cories like to stick there eggs in or on something. I use java moss and fern broadleaf plants. If they lay on these I pull them if all over the glass I pull the fish other times they will lay in the filter pull the floss. When I puul the eggs I use 1 tank per week to put eggs in. I use sponge filters here less fry damage greater o2 amounts generated for good egg developement.

ilikewomen

AC Members
Apr 30, 2008
Hmm,the filters i use are very simlar to sponge filters. They are like a coner/sponge filter hybrid.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store