Pelia or Subwassertang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
In recent threads I kept calling it as P/S cause I had no clue which it was. I have looked at many pictures online but still unsure if it is indeed driftwood's full of P/S or just one type.

P/S?

P/S?

P/S?

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
looks like normal pelia to me.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
That's subwassertang.

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
Where did you get that??
I got it from aquaticmagic. I bought a portion which was like 2x2 flat sheet of of it or whatever you call it... and I don't remember some time within 2008. Very small portion and now I have tanks full of it. I also bought pelia from them, but I guess it died and all I have is subwassertang than.

I sent out big portions of it in my raok thread, just wondered what it was.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
I also have subwassertang, pellia, and mini-pellia... you can tell them apart much easier in person than looking at pictures on the web.

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
The 3rd picture makes me sad. Stripped of all the round pelia to be given away :S. Now its all nakey.

Robert H

Aspiring Guru
Subwassertang (round Pellia):

Pellia, Monosolenium tenerum

Monosolenium tenerum is a liverwort, while Subwassertang, (round leaf Pellia) is not really Pellia, a liverwort at all, but is actually an under developed tree climbing fern that is missing the female organ so it can never turn into a fern. The terrestrial fern is called Lomariopsis lineata. Kinda like a caterpillar, or insect larvae that never grows up. So while it will never turn into a fern, it will continue to grow and reproduce in this growth form.

You don't need to buy either of these plants from any one in Malaysia now. You can get them right here in the USA.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store