HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SeverinBarbossa

Barbossa lover!
Jun 9, 2008
The Black Pearl
One of my fantail gold fish has a red, bloody lump on his side. I have pics below.

101_0910.jpg 101_0909.jpg 101_0908.jpg

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
Is it alive??

looks like some kind of infection-- try melafix while you are researching.. it may help and it cant hurt anything

My_Goldie

Part Time Ninja
Mar 1, 2009
Chandler, AZ
Real Name
Angela
How is he acting?
I'd say move him to a hospital tank and treat him with melafix. That's what I did when my goldie was injured and he is healing wonderfully.

One more thing, do you have a pleco with your goldies?

SeverinBarbossa

Barbossa lover!
Jun 9, 2008
The Black Pearl
Yes he's alive and swimming and eating but I've isolated him from everyone else for now. But I don't have any of that melafix stuff or anything like that. Just fungus and parasite clear and quick cure.

SeverinBarbossa

Barbossa lover!
Jun 9, 2008
The Black Pearl
And yes, there's a pleco but he doesn't bother anyone.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
Wow... it looks like I see some light colored lumps on its body, too. Melafix is good, but darned if I wouldn't go for a major antibiotic treatment.

Put it in quarantine and get a broad spectrum antibiotic, maybe
Maracyn and Maracyn II.

I hope someone will come along and have more information to help you. I definitely would put the fish in quarantine.

Keep the water absolutely pristine. Clean water works wonders.

I'm wishing the best for you.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
You know... the pleco can be sucking on him at night in the dark when you can't see it.

I've heard of that happening and read about that many times here on this forum.

They love the slime on fish and, I think, especially goldfish, and they do it while the fish are sleeping, too.

I'd get the pleco out of the tank with the goldies.

SeverinBarbossa

Barbossa lover!
Jun 9, 2008
The Black Pearl
My med tank hasn't been cleaned in awhile (haven't used it in months and I got lazy) and it only has an undergravel filter. He's in a big bowl/cup thing right now.

I'm really, really worried because of all my fish, my goldies are my most precious. And I won't be able to get any melafix until Monday unless I can convince my parents to let me go into town tomorrow (difficult because they don't think such things are really that much of an emergency).

My dad suggested putting a very tiny drop of antibiotic cream in the water but that sounds to iffy to me.

SeverinBarbossa

Barbossa lover!
Jun 9, 2008
The Black Pearl
I'm pretty dang sure my pleco isn't bothering him. He's not that big of a pleco and he runs every time another fish goes near him.

SeverinBarbossa

Barbossa lover!
Jun 9, 2008
The Black Pearl
And those white things are from my flashbulb on my camera.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store