Guppy female got stuck between the corner filter and the aquarium wall!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

iam1ru12

I am 1; R U 12?
Jun 15, 2008
Philippines
The trouble with multiple tank syndrome is monitoring the health of your fish. I don't know when it happened, but when I checked my fancy guppy community tank, I noticed a female guppy stuck between the corner filter and the aquarium wall! Moved the filter to see if it was dead and was surprised that the guppy was still alive!

When she got free of her condition, this is how she looked:

Is there anything I could do about her condition? [I don't want to euthanize her as she seems fine.]

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Can't see much in the pic...keep water quality good and hope for the best.

iam1ru12

I am 1; R U 12?
Jun 15, 2008
Philippines
I'll guess I'll just have to monitor water parameters to make sure the water remains excellent. She's one of my original female guppies and have given birth a couple of times since I've had her.

Thanks for the advice.

iam1ru12

I am 1; R U 12?
Jun 15, 2008
Philippines
Is she swimming okay? My concern would be that she would get pestered more by the males if her swimming is impaired. You might need to isolate her so that she can recuperate in peace.
She swims every now and then, though most of time she simply just allows herself to float. I have transferred her to the hospital tank. Should I put in some medication?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store