FS macrobrachium lanchesteri (guaging interest)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

bettabrat

AC Members
Feb 2, 2009
CT
I believe the species I have is macrobrachium lanchesteri but I know it's tough to say for sure. I can say for sure they are Macros and that I have 3 females and 1 male that are active breeders. Currently 1 F is berried, the other 2 are recovering and should berry again soon. I don't have patience for larval shrimp babies and don't have the space to house the tanks needed to raise them to adulthood. So, I am guaging interest to see if someone would like to purchase or swap for something of equal value. I think $30 shipped is a fair price for these long armed beauties but also open to other offers, thoughts, suggestions, and conscerns.

They were originally housed in my community tank and didn't bother my bamboo shrimp but ate all my ghosts, and amanos. So these are not shrimp to house with smaller shrimp. They are currently in a tank all to themselves because I was unsure if the fish were picking at one another or if the shrimp were picking at the fish. I would not house them with small fish because they could potentially eat them. I had them with 10 bumbleebee gobies around 1" and have had no issues but there is always that possibility. Currently eating a variety of freeze dried worms & shrimp, shrimp pellets, algae wafers, and anything else they can get their arms around.

They will be shipped in an insulated box in breather bags. I do not have any heatpacks but at the buyers expense could provide one for w/e it costs me. I would ship them with a plant or some moss something for them to hang onto & via USPS priority mail. Weather is supposed to be in the 40's up into the mid 50's all week into the weekend. Local pickup welcome to NH residents. PM with any questions. I have some crappy pictures I took when I set up the breeding tank. A quick google search and I found the following:

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
i think this is what Gratleop has in his tank. is it a native american species?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store