sick leopard puffer?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kstefanick

Registered Member
Mar 16, 2009
hi! i just got a leopard puffer from a guy. he was doing fine for 2 days...eating, swimming around and such. now, this morning i noticed that he is not using his one fin on his left side and his eye on his left side is a bit cloudy. any ideas what this could be? the only other fish in the tank are 2 damsels, live rock, and a scarlet crab.

Asemo

would make out with her dogface.
Feb 26, 2009
Townsville
Cloudy eyes are usually due to poor water quality, what are your parameters? Not sure about the fin, unless he's injured himself. Does he have any scratches or marks? Puffers have been known to shove their pectoral fins into their gill slits to scratch their gills if they have parasites (I know this from personal experience, it is a terrifying moment to look at a fish and see one fin completely GONE!), perhaps he could have injured his fin this way. Any signs of ich? Puffers are quite talented at coming down with ich, especially if he's a new puffer and the stress of moving could have compromised his immunity.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store