"Chilly"-Very injured betta >:I

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
I rescued this guy yesterday, even though I said I would not get another betta for a while, at least until mine passed on, but he caught my attention.
This store regularly has males together in their 10g tanks, and I always separate them for the store.
This boy was with his brother, and I got him for about a dollar because they thought he would not live.
I will update this as he gets better, right now he is in a 1g tank, easier to medicate and keep clean.
At the moment he is not eating and is lethargic, but that is to be expected.
I'm pretty sure he will make a full recovery, but keep your fingers crossed, he is not very happy.
I'm also adding pictures of Ziggy, who looked just like him at Wal-mart after being mauled by another betta.

P3150010.JPG P3150011.JPG P3150012.JPG

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
That's really sweet. Good luck with him.

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
Just discovered he has a mild fungus problem after posting this, I put some Mardel fungus treatment in with him and within 10-15 minutes he perked up, and I got him to eat some guppy fry.

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
make sure its fungus and not columnaris. the two look a lot alike

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
I checked, it's fungus, looks more feathery like cotton than columnaris, which looks a lot like a think, stingy slime compared to it.

Thank you though, I'm glad you said that, I looked it up and learned some things.

bettabrat

AC Members
Feb 2, 2009
CT
OMG it's people like you who make me think I shouldn't give up on humanity afterall. What a sweet person you are for bringing this fish into your home and nursing him back to health! Thanks for sharing your story!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store