CO2 regulator - good deal?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Looks like a good deal to me. I have never heard of that brand before though. Perhaps one of our planted tank gurus can chime in--they know much more!!!

angyles

AC Members
Nov 4, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Visit site
I like that it includes everything cause I've been looking at the individual pieces and that would be much more expensive. I'm just really paranoid about killing my fish off. This is my first time with co2 and I'm a bit nervous so I want to make sure I have good equipment that isn't going to suddenly poison everyone!

Fordtrannyman

Sharing Experience and Failures!
Apr 27, 2008
So. Cal.

Kuthoht

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
How can this regulator be sooo cheap and be good? Everywhere else I find has aquatek regulators for about $130. I wonder if this is some sort of chinese knock off?

The regulator I've been looking at on Green Leaf is like $150. I could buy two of these ebay ones for that.

angyles

AC Members
Nov 4, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Visit site
from the shopping I've done so far, needle valves have been much cheaper than regulators. But it also seems like the needle valve would be more important to invest in.

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
Preset working pressure and it being a single stage regulator are both drawbacks (IMHO).

It's a PITA to gather all of the components (used regulator, new check valve & solenoid) and hook them up yourself, but for the same or little more $, you could have a studly Victor or other good brand 2 stage regulator etc.

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
from the shopping I've done so far, needle valves have been much cheaper than regulators. But it also seems like the needle valve would be more important to invest in.
which ones have you been looking at? i have a Swagelok metering valve on my regulator good sturdy bit of equipment but probably cost about $60. and i know good metering valves can be really expensive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store