My eclipse light is acting odd? Help me!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BreezeRuehls

I own you
Mar 8, 2009
Virginia Beach
Ok, I have unplugged until I figure it out. It is on a 25, and the other day the lights went out. They are both new bulbs, they have been working fine, and now it wont turn on! It does not even make the little flicker noises when attempting to turn on. I don't see how 2 new bulbs would "Burn out" but I am really hoping its not electrial, :confused:. There is condensation inside the bulb cover, would this be whats causing this? Is my system totally :swear:? I haven't taken it apart, don't wanna start something till I know what I am looking for.... :help:

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
How new are your bulbs? Just trying to rule out any possibility that it could be the bulbs, since that is clearly the easiest fix.

Otherwise, this sounds like a possible ballast issue to me, but I'm really not good with the technical/electrical side of the hobby so I may be way off base there. Did you recently purchase the Eclipse? If so, I have heard great things about Marineland's customer service. It may be worth contacting them if your tank is still under warranty. Hopefully you still have your receipt, although I'd probably contact them regardless.

JK47

VERITAS A?QUITAS
Sep 1, 2008
Vancouver, WA
Real Name
Justin
I am having the exact same problem with my 29G. The odd thing for mine is if I keep trying I can get it to come on. For now reason at all it will just turn off again at random times. I replaced both of the bulbs and it has had no positive affect what so ever.

Like metioned above, contact Marineland: (800) 322-1266 East Coast time 7:30AM to 5:30PM. (numbers my LFS gave me)

Let me know what you find out and GL!

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
Sounds like moisture is creating a short somewhere.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store