29 angel breed

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mkbuckham

AC Members
Mar 5, 2004
Colorado Springs
Visit site
I am going to move a breeding pair of angels into a 29 bowfront and out of 55 community, the bowfront will be in my office so looks are not important and my concern is just functionality. What is a good setup that would give the fry the best chance. Currently it has 2 inches of gravel and lots of wood, I will pick up a sponge filter today and will prob just run the 15watt stock lamp. Any suggestions help

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
sponge filter
tho angels can breed successfully in a planted tank.

it is just easier to maintain a bare bottom tank.

the sponge filter helps reduce fry loss when they become free swimmers.( fry don't swim well and are prone to getting sucked up into a power filter.)

PopPopsfish

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
PA
Fine pore sponge filters are best , If you have a HOB or Canister filter cover the intake with a piece of sponge and reduce the flow if possible so that the fry do not get caught up in the intake. If you are serious about raising fry , remove the gravel it will make it easier to clean the bottom and you will be less likely to suck up the fry.

Make sure if you remove the gravel you place a seasoned sponge filter in the tank or add some live bacteria so that you have a balanced environment.

if you have any trouble just PM me and I will help.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Fine pore sponge filters are best , If you have a HOB or Canister filter cover the intake with a piece of sponge and reduce the flow if possible so that the fry do not get caught up in the intake. If you are serious about raising fry , remove the gravel it will make it easier to clean the bottom and you will be less likely to suck up the fry.

Make sure if you remove the gravel you place a seasoned sponge filter in the tank or add some live bacteria so that you have a balanced environment.

if you have any trouble just PM me and I will help.

it's that experience thing... i hope..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store