Need a filter recommendation...low movement tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Opicana

AC Members
May 13, 2006
Toledo, Ohio
I'm doing a SE Asian Blackwater Pool Biotope. I am looking for something that will filter well and put enough 02 in the water, but at the same time only have a mild current.

Suggestions?

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
You could use a canister filter with a spraybar aimed at the back wall. Or I saw somebody who cut a soda bottle in half to modify a output on a hob.

Opicana

AC Members
May 13, 2006
Toledo, Ohio
I was leaning towards a canister, but up until now, I have only had sponge & hob (penguin biowheels)...so I was just looking for some input on what others would do.

No worries, when we start the actual setup I will post a build thread with plenty of pictures. :) Right now, we are just in the planning stages...all we have is a tank, and 2 awesome pieces of driftwood.

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
i actually think a canister would be good for the tank, i know the ehiems have it so you can adjust the flow and i'm sure that others offer this too. also you could defiantly disperse the flow with a spray bar.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I Just set up some cheapie Catalina 918 filters I found the water movement was reduced by removing the spray bar.

I think the larger out let dispersed the flow better(lower pressure)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store