What filter is better?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

c8227

AC Members
Feb 13, 2009
venice florida
I posted on here yesterday but i can't find it. So i am getting rid of my 55 gallon tomorrow. I'm up grading to a 90 right now I have a penguin 350 rated for a 75 gallon. No with the 90 would it be better to just get another penguin or to get a canister filter? I like the penguins cuz they are so easy and the do a very good job at filtering the water. But i want the best for this tank.

BoCoMo

In need of grace
Mar 2, 2009
Missouri
I posted on here yesterday but i can't find it. So i am getting rid of my 55 gallon tomorrow. I'm up grading to a 90 right now I have a penguin 350 rated for a 75 gallon. No with the 90 would it be better to just get another penguin or to get a canister filter? I like the penguins cuz they are so easy and the do a very good job at filtering the water. But i want the best for this tank.
What do you plan on doing with this tank? Bare bottom breeder/grow out tank? Planted with CO2? What type of substrate? What are you going to stock it with?

Sorry to be question master but it will help narrow down the search.

Water changes are an aquariums friend - IMHO.

c8227

AC Members
Feb 13, 2009
venice florida
well I am thinking of doing a 3d background for the tank. It will have a sand bottom and I will have african chilids in it seeing I already have 13 of them.

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
I think it's a "Taster's Choice" moment: either configuration should work fine. Personally, I like one HOB and one canister on a tank that size, but two good HOBs would work just as well. If you like the Penguins, you'll probably be happiest getting another.

RodInCALIFORNIA

EBAY ADDICT !
Aug 5, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Real Name
ROD
emperor 400's are excellent filters

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I would go with the canister filter as the addition. Never know when you might go heavy planted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store