WHAT A MESS!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nano55

AC Members
May 14, 2007
Last weekend, I was cleaning my tank and doing a water change with my Python. I have had the same Python for the last 15-16 years, and love it. But, like everything else, with age, parts do wear out. I had ordered some replacement parts for the python; a new faucet pump, a faucet adapter, and an on/off switch. I had already installed the new faucet pump and faucet adapter. I was almost done refilling the tank when it happened, the on/off switch broke off and water was shooting out of where the switch was, and without the switch, I couldn't turn the ---- thing off! :swear: My husband was outside and heard me yell help. He ran in and shut the faucet off in the laundry room. I should have replaced the switch before, I did have some fore warning; the switch would sometimes drip under pressure. But in my infinite wisdom and "cheapness", I waited until it was to late and the floods came!:grinyes::duh:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I also never use the on/off assembly. Some of the couplings on those parts are just snapped together. Years of use cause wear and tear and with the right water pressure..pop they go.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Yikes. Not a fun way to take a shower.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store