what can i put in with blue damsel

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mercury57106

AC Members
Mar 8, 2009
ok so ive had my tank set up 4 a month now lvls of no2 no3 are 0 and ph is 8.5

ive put in a blue damsel knowing they are one of the hardiest fish but become agressive and territorial
this fish has been in tank with live rock and sand only for a week now lvls are still good so yesterday i added 2 clowns (false percs) lfs said they should be all right acclimated for 45-60 mins after fish store told me only 10 minutes (ha ha)

woke up after my 8 hr sleep and my smaller of the 2 got sucked into the powerhead:(
which is another ? is there a way to block off the powerhead but still able to use it

then got home from work today to find the biggest one dead behind a rock in the back

its weird the fish were doing fine for the first 8 hrs in the tank they were a lil skittish at forst swam to bottom laid around the bottom for a few then they were all over the tank they were even what looked like digging little holes in the sand with their tails

i tested the water to see maybe a spike of anything but nothing in that is pointing to anything so anyhelp with this would be great

maybe my damsel is being a bully i dont know thanks for the help in advance

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
first off... there is no reason to block off your powerhead.. as a healthy clownfish will not get sucked up in it

make sure you salinity and temp are correct as well-- it is more likely that this fish was weakened due to some other reason.. and THEN got sucked up once he was already weak

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I would chalk it off to the damsel..tight quarters in a 29 gallon tank.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store