110 Stocking Ideas Wanted... Sorry : )

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dnali

AC Members
Jan 22, 2008
DC area
AH! I'm so excited I'm tempted to use a revolting smiley, but I'll try not to get that carried away.

I finally got the big(ger) tank that I wanted - a 110 gal acrylic for a great deal off of CL. It's about 59.5" x 18" x 24" high. First I want to buff out a few of the scratches in the front pane, and work on sanding and repainting the stand, but I'm going to look at this as a positive, since it gives me more time to plan out exactly what I want.

I'm a big fan of small fish, and I don't really want to go bigger than probably 6" on centerpiece fish, but I'm open to all suggestions. Definitely community oriented - probably a couple of schools of something or other and some calmer/reasonably sized cichlids.

I was going to move my kribs up, but I think that I'm going to leave that tank intact and work on this one from scratch. Any ideas? Blank slate!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
See mu signature. I have a 100gal.

dnali

AC Members
Jan 22, 2008
DC area
Ok, a few questions.

Do I need a special kit or buffing wheel to remove the scratches? I've looked at the Novus polishers - which one would I start with?

Never had an acrylic tank before. I know it's watertight. I should expect it to bow out when it's full, right?

It's 24" tall, and they had the stock double hood attached to the inside of the canopy. Exactly how crazy would i have to go with the lighting to do a medium-light planted tank?

Still looking for stocking ideas though - I'm open to anything, it's just gotta be something I can pitch to the roomie, since he's helping to finance this little venture.

So far I'm interested in rummynose tetras, marbled hatchets, and yo-yo loaches. How many of each would form an effective school? I've read at least 3 on the loaches - do they really school together? I'm still looking for a larger centerpiece fish - preferably something that would school together in a group of 5 or so. Or a small-medium cichlid pair or two. Ideas?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store