Knight Goby

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mabel

Fish are Friends; not food!
May 10, 2007
OHIO
My Knight Goby, Mack the Knight :), is a very picky eater. I feed Blood worms and dried shrimp. I alternate them ever other day. He doesn't like the flake that I feed to others, so i need some suggestions. Here is his picture...2008 101.jpg

2008 101.jpg

rsanz

The Peacock Gudgeon Guy
Aug 22, 2006
Maryland
Real Name
Rob
Camera Used
Sony
Awesome fish. He needs brackish water, in case you're not keeping him in that environment!

I'm surprised that he's not taking the frozen bloodworms. I would try frozen brine shrimp. Flake food will not work, nor will the dried shrimp I don't think.

Mabel

May 10, 2007
OHIO
I am slowly adding the salt in after every water change. I noticed immediate change in him after I put the salt in. I had never seen this fish before on this site and I was wondering if anyone has had them and what they are feeding.

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
I am slowly adding the salt in after every water change. I noticed immediate change in him after I put the salt in. I had never seen this fish before on this site and I was wondering if anyone has had them and what they are feeding.
Are you testing your salinity?

Mabel

May 10, 2007
OHIO
Here is a picture of him with the Dried shrimp in his mouth. Sorry for the misunderstanding but he does love the frozen blood worms. I feed them into the tank in a shot glass. I have actually had him swim into the glass and eat until his belly was very plump.My Tank 027.jpg

My Tank 028.jpg

My Tank 027.jpg My Tank 028.jpg

Mabel

May 10, 2007
OHIO
I put the salt in a glass and swish it a little then I let the rest seep into the water slowly. It normally takes about 3 days.

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
I assume you're talking about adding marine salt? Aquarium salt will do nothing to make brackish water. If you are in fact adding marine salt, I hope you are testing the salinity of the water.

Are the fish in your sig all in the same tank (where the number 1 is)? If so, you have a stock list that is incompatible... your only brackish fish in that list is the knight goby.

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
I put the salt in a glass and swish it a little then I let the rest seep into the water slowly. It normally takes about 3 days.
Mabel,

Are you testing the salinity with a hydrometer or refractometer? Water evaporates, salt doesn't. The other fish you have will be killed with salt. You have fish that require VERY different water conditions in the same tank. I hate to be a wet blanket, but I'd hate to see such a striking fish come to harm.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store