My Rabbit and Nerites From MsJ!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Where the ducks walk on the fish, PA
They came in today. MsJ told me to acclimate slowly. I put them in containers with the water they came in and started a drip acclimation. 3 hours later this is what I have!! It didn't take them long to get moving through the tank. It is only a 10 gal for now until I have them for a week or two, then off to the bigger community tank with the nerites. Malone, the Rabbit is staying in the 10 with the embers. The plants that are in there are all fast growers and I have more of them if it decides it wants salad. The nerites have their work cut out for them in that tank though, it gets about 2 hours of afternoon sun and the walls of it are aweful. At least they will be full.

000_2370.jpg 000_2371.jpg 000_2372.jpg 000_2373.jpg

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
yay! I am glad they acclimated so quickly :) Sometimes those little buggers can be pokey about making their faces known. they look very happy in their forever homes.

Jellymolly44

Handsome Fella
Jun 14, 2008
Louisville
That rabbit snail looks neat. i'd rather have mysteries and nerites though.

rsanz

The Peacock Gudgeon Guy
Aug 22, 2006
Maryland
Real Name
Rob
Camera Used
Sony
That nerite is fantastic. Can't wait to get mine from MisJ at our next club meeting! :D

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
Beautiful snails - I like that rabbit. Does it move like a Malaysian Trumpet snail?

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
They are really wierd. They sort of grab with their face and pull their bodies/shells along in a lurching type motion. Don't llet the picture fool you, they are 2-3" long. Unfortunately, they are also herbivores and there are reports of them eating plants but they are super super easy to supplement with zucchini or wafers. They are also livebearers, I already have baby snails in my big snail tank!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store