Product Review: Eheim Ebo Jager Heater

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sapphire384

AC Members
Jan 20, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Company Eheim

[FONT=&quot]Model 50 Watt size (Range for Eheim is 50-250 watt)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Link to product description http://www.eheim.com/base/eheim/inhalte/indexd50d.html?key=liniendetail_24552_ehen[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Price range $20-$30 online before shipping.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Pros - Set and forget- the dial never needs adjusting as the water is kept at the temperature you desire. The indicator light allows you to know when the heater is active. High quality build that will last me for a long time. Jager uses Pyrex glass, a huge plus; it is not made of cheap plastic covering the tube or ultra thin glass like Aqueon's or Marineland's. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cons- The indicator light is great but the orange color can be somewhat annoying at night. This is remedied by simply turning the heater so the viewing window for the light is turned away from your field of vision. It is so far virtually flawless otherwise.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Star rating (1-5 with 5 being the best)- 5[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How long have you used the product? 3 months[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Build quality and value for your money. In the beginning I bought an Aqueon kit that came with their standard heater. This heater was nice, but seemed really flimsy (I could hear something rattling around inside the glass tube when I would handle the heater). Thus, this heater was bought when I found out it was made in Germany (which in my mind = quality). This Jager heater seems to be built very, very well built and has performed as designed. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Other comments [/FONT]

Hmmm, this heater sometimes get knocked on for not being fully submergible. I honestly do not see the problem as the top portion has a tan dial with a large blue disk for setting the temperature. Plus, there is alot of yellow writing carved onto the portion that cannot be submerged.
If it was able to be fully submerged, you would see all those things!!
As it is, one can only see the dark heater tube with the blackish silver coil in the water. So to me, there is no problem on that point!!!

A great heater that is made in Germany (not China) that shows quality workmanship and assembly. I would never hesitate in buying another one.

Recommended!

SuBXeRo

TaNkAsAuRaUs REX
Jul 22, 2008
NJ and AZ
The heater is fully submergeable. In order to receive a UL listing, Eheim had to add a waterline and state that it is not submergable. My LFS has eheim jager's in almost all their tanks and they are all fully submerged, some of which are laying on the substrate. Personally, I try to keep mine at the water line because i hate having to pull it up out of the water to change the temp.

lethalcustoms00

gearhead extrordinare
Jan 16, 2010
Gillette wyo
so its safe for me to fully submerge all my jager heaters? I at no risk of frying one with i being completly underwater right?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store