saturday usps shipping is faster than shipping monday!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

customdrum

GOT PLANTS?
May 2, 2008
south carolina
I see some people here have ruled monday, tuesday and wednesday the best day to ship. lol there not!
saturday is the best day to ship.
the post is still running on sunday so mail goes through alittle faster than any other day.
i ship on saturday often and its 1 day faster 85% of the time.
usually the box is at its destination on monday!

my grandfather worked for usps for 20 years and told me the same thing!
so if your shipping fish saturday is the day!
just making an observation, not april fools joke.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I have had similar experiences. Problem here is teh post office is only open until 10 am on saturdays, hard to get boxes prepped in time.

bettabrat

AC Members
Feb 2, 2009
CT
It's not the case for here in the Northern parts. I sent a package on Saturday thinking it would move on Sunday and get to my mom Monday...she got it THURSDAY and it contained live fish. I will never ship on Saturday again!

unvmyplecos

without sorrow happiness is nothing
Jun 26, 2008
NY
It's not the case for here in the Northern parts. I sent a package on Saturday thinking it would move on Sunday and get to my mom Monday...she got it THURSDAY and it contained live fish. I will never ship on Saturday again!
i think it was just a packed sunday with too many packages. maybe so many people are catching on that it doesn't apply anymore

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
i wouldnt base everything on one package. heck i have sent stuff out on monday going about 2 hours away and it didnt show up until sat. glad it was shrimp and they lived though that but still.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Agreed...one package is not enough to establish a data trend.

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
I haven't had much luck with Saturdays either.. not to mention the post office here has about 5x the number of customers on Saturdays than weekdays..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store