Fishing The Thai Way - Part 2

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

block2

AC Members
Sep 12, 2008
Thailand
www.bettawan.com
Just thought a few of you might find this interesting. One of the family is called Sai Chun, he is from Issan originally, which is in the North East of Thailand. They are from Laos originally, and are one of the poorest in Tailand, mainly farmers, and they will eat anything, including bats, birds, snakes, rats, dogs the list is endless.

It as just come to the end of the rainy season, and there are quite a few waterholes around the village, these will eventually dry up till next year, but they all have fish in them that have been trapped as the water resides.

Si Chun straps a car battery to his back, and as two metal prongs with wooden handles and a switch on, connected to the battery. He then goes into the pools and send a small electric current into the water, stunning the fish.

Here's a couple of pics of Si Chun fishing and some pics of the fish he caught. Not sure what the fish are so anybody out there can tell me it would be much appriciated.

1. Si Chun fishing

2. Si Chun Fishing

3. Si Chun Fishing

Regards
Jeff

HarlanAshmore

AC Members
Mar 29, 2009
wow peacock spiney eels and the top one has those things on its gill covers that goldfish get when theyre breeding maybe theyre breeding thats cool as

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Weird.

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
Cool, fry'em up ......:)

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
I see spiny eels, barbs, and some kind of knifefish. :( Seeing all those fish being eaten makes me sad. He should sell them to me.

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
I see tinfoil barbs, peacock eels, a freakin sweet knifefish and maybe snakeheads?

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
I have to admit I would have taken that knifefish no matter what kind it was and how big it got, it looks beautiful...

block2

AC Members
Sep 12, 2008
Thailand
www.bettawan.com
If the knife fish is no.10 don't worry I have it in a water trough will several other species that I saved from been eaten...I'm due to clean the trough out so i will get more pics of it and see if it has grown.

Regards
Jeff

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store