Sinking Shrimp Pellets??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
I have discovered recently that my blue phantom pleco LOVES sinking shrimp pellets

I have kept many plecos in the past, and have 2 others now

I have NEVER had a pleco that ate shrimp pellets. and neither of the other 2 plecs will even show an interest in them.

My plecos are well fed-- they get algae disks, and zuchini on a regular basis

does anyone else have a pleco that eats shrimp?
is it healthy for him?

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Where the ducks walk on the fish, PA
Blue Phantoms are omnivore so it would stand to reason they would want some meat. I think it is fine for it to eat shrimp pellets. Your other plecs may not be meat eaters.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
My calico BN loves shrimp pellets. I always drop a few in front of his fav spot on the driftwood when I feed the other fish and comes out and chows down! He expects them daily now! (he's spoiled!) Have not been able to get him to eat zucchini yet???

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
My common loves shrimp pellets, cichlid pellets, algae wafers. He is right there to get his share when I feed the others in the tank.

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
my gibby grazes on everything. mushrooms, zucchini, cukes, loach food, carnivore pellets, algae wafers, krill, market shrimp. he even used to come to the surface to munch floating carnivore pellets. it was weird

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store