So check this out!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
Yesterday while doing my weekly wc, I get to noticing something on the glass of the tank. Odd looking thing if I must say. This tank has two oto's (male & female), yellow shrimp and briggs snails. I'm studying this real hard trying to get a better look at it trying to go through my mind what it could be. I would describe it as roundish with a line coming down (it was perpendicular to the tank). As I'm getting a long hard look at it, the line wiggles..it's a tail...OMG! It's a baby oto! No friggin way!

The first thing that came to my mind was CRAP! I just did a wc too! Did I suck up any other potential hopefulls! Yikes! I hope the water parms don't mess with the little guy.

Wife had the camera last night and couldn't get a pic. I hope I can find him/her this morn to try and get some pics. Gonna spend a lot of time down there this morn trying to get the shot.

Way too kewl!

:dance:

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
Found him again!! Yeah!!!!! Just spent quite a bit of time to try and get a pic. This is extremely difficult. Any advise would be most excellent so I can share my little bugger with the world. ;o)

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
congrats! :)

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
First Photos

My first attempts. Still working the camera.

First pic, little one is above the 16 on the ruler.

Second pic, he's at the 13 1/2 mark.

If you look closely, you can see the black dots for the eys. He has the cutest little fins too. Heading back down to play with the camera again.

babyoto3a.JPG babyoto4.JPG

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
getting better....you can make out both of the eyes.

babyoto5.JPG

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Sweet!

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
Oh how cute!