good store, bad store??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
i found a place that sells there rifties for what seems to be a reasonable price. however they are located quite a distance away and if i buy from there i will need to ship. i hate to put my money into something if its not good quality (especially since all i have to spend is $80 =(. but anyway is this place a good place to buy from? http://www.rockymountaincichlids.com/

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
I believe that I have seen good mentions of this store on the site.

In order not to get anyone in any bother, I would ask that should anyone wish to post info which would infringe our policy on not bashing individual stores, they PM austinpetemo (the OP) rather than posting it here.

rifty_geordie

AC Members
Apr 7, 2009
North East UK
You guys buy fish online/through the post!? That can't be good for the fish surely? I know that's how they get to the pet shop, but that will be through a special courier?

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
You guys buy fish online/through the post!? That can't be good for the fish surely? I know that's how they get to the pet shop, but that will be through a special courier?
I received a shipment of 6 Y. sidthimunki from NY on Tuesday, so yes, people order online. The care put into the packaging by the seller was far better than anything I have seen at a LFS when receiving large orders of fish.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
You guys buy fish online/through the post!? That can't be good for the fish surely?
Sure! why not buy fish offline?

and, no it puts stress on the fish but very seldom (unless your "shipper" does a crappy job) do you see a fish die. ive yet to have dead fish arrove in the mail

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I would say that this is a nice site to buy fish from they have good reviews and they are on aquabid which is a heavily monitored site.. they have a nice selection and great prices.. and i stress this it usually doesn't matter who you buy from on-line its always left up to trial and error on some cases of fish lose when it comes to buying on-line its what the original seller does to correct a problem when buying fish on-line..

pappy is correct a lot of on-line shippers / sellers put 110% in care when they sell / ship fish..

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I received a shipment of 6 Y. sidthimunki from NY on Tuesday, so yes, people order online. The care put into the packaging by the seller was far better than anything I have seen at a LFS when receiving large orders of fish.
I had exactly the same experience. Of my 21 adult mbunas, 18 were ordered online, made a long journey from Kentucky to Puerto Rico and arrived well on next day, perfectly packaged on a foam box, cooling pads and individual bags for each fish.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Wow, Austin! I used the link you provided and I was on that site. To see there Tropheus sp. Ikola or "Kaiser moorii" F1 of 1 inch at $8 each; was a torture to me! Oh, my Gosh; why I have to see these offers!!! :headbang2:...:wall:

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
Wow, Austin! I used the link you provided and I was on that site. To see there Tropheus sp. Ikola or "Kaiser moorii" F1 of 1 inch at $8 each; was a torture to me! Oh, my Gosh; why I have to see these offers!!! :headbang2:...:wall:
lol i know how you feel. i got that nigripinnis from daves for $17.50 and when i saw them here for $9 i was like "NO!!!!!!!!!!"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store