Pepper Corys

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JazzyB

The Boys on the Move!
Sep 20, 2003
Canada
Anyone have any experience with breeding pepper corys? Any suggestions on the min. number that should be kept or could be kept in a 27G? I currently have 2 though i hear that they love their numbers. If anyone knows where I can pick up some pygmy corys in Canada, in particular Nova Scotia, please let me know ASAP.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Well I actually bought my peppered cory at Wal-Mart up in Sydney. They carry the peppered, albino and bronze one. Of course there are quite a few spotted cories that look pretty similar so I can't be 100% sure that they are the ones you are looking for.

Pets Unlimited in Bayers Lake Industrial Park generally has a good selection of cories as well.

JazzyB

The Boys on the Move!
Sep 20, 2003
Canada
Unfortunately, PU is running a bit low on fish at the moment and as a result only have one tank with corys. They were also out of cardinal tetras.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
There is PU in Sackville and Burnside as well. Or else maybe that Pet Store on Quinpool. Haven't been in there yet but I hear good things about it.

Dapple2

AC Members
Jul 3, 2003
Oregon
pictures.care2.com
Mine breed like mad. You'll have much better luck with more than two though, I've found having a ratio of two to three males per gal works well. Just toss them in a nicely planted tank with lotsa little hidey spots and fatten them up with a varied diet and stand back! One trick that works well with them is to let the tank evaporate down a ways, then top it off with slightly cooler water, simulating a rainfall.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
They easy to breed, but yes you need 2-3 males per female. I feed them lots of worms (red, white, tubuflex, ect). After about a month on this diet I unplug the heater and let tank drop to room temp. They stick eggs on glass, plants, ect.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store