Dojo Loach Devours Kuhli Loach: Details at 7:00!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Madding

A frog among toads.
Apr 12, 2009
New York
Title says it all. My 7" Dojo loach (been with me eight years) was vacuuming the substrate during feeding time with his enormous maw when he came upon a Kuhli loach that was also trying to get some food.

Next thing I knew, my Dojo was freaking out. He was darting around the tank so hard I thought he was going to crack the glass or kill himself. Plants and driftwood were bulldozed out of the way. Upon closer inspection, there was the tail-half of a Kuhli loach hanging out of his mouth, and the Dojo did not seem to be enjoying it. It was as if he was choking, but he couldn't spit it up. About an hour later, the Dojo coughed up the dead Kuhli loach, or what remained of it. He's never done anything to small Kuhli's since, or the 14 Bumblebee Goby's that hang out with him in his 60g.

Anyone ever have a Dojo accidently kill something off? It was really terrible to watch. The weather loach in question is still going strong.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store