hey every body building a stand for a 40g breeder input?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

biggdadyapisto

AC Members
Mar 31, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com
I'm just wanting some input on building a double 40g breeder tank stand i was hoping one over the other just wanting some well needed advice.

biggdadyapisto

AC Members
Mar 31, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com
lol yeah iv built a fe stands before and i already started designing this one just seeing if some one has any good ideas. and im deffinatly posting pics prolly progress pics too.

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
you can build a simple, but nice looking and strong stand using just angle iron and plywood. use 1.5"x1.5" 1/4" angle. get 4 pieces cut to length, for the height of the table, minus 1.5". Then get 3 panels, 2 are for the sides, 1 for the back. you can add shelves and doors easily if you want, but they are not neccessary. the top should be 2 sheets of plywood cut to size, that are glued and screwed together. laminated, as they say.

everything is bolted together, the panels sit inside the angle iron legs. drill 3 holes per leg per panel, and match drill holes on the panels, and just bolt it up with some nice bolts. the top should be secured using a cleat method, a few tabs of angle iron either bolted to the legs or panels, at least 3.

depending on your required weight, you can also reinforce the top with horizontal angle iron

biggdadyapisto

AC Members
Mar 31, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com
oh im a diy freak lol im working on the lighting, making the stand, and a few other things up my sleeves hehe. i don't have the whole inpatient problem ever thing good happens after a good while.

SuBXeRo

TaNkAsAuRaUs REX
Jul 22, 2008
NJ and AZ
Do you have the specs on the tank size? you want multiple shelves? do you want those multiple shelves to be able to hold more tanks or just equipment? do you want super simple? do you have a height preference? do you have a wood preference (2x4 4x4?), do you want the stand to be a certain size to fit larger future tanks?

I'll be happy to throw a CAD design at you if you want.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store