75g Paludarium Build Log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

invertebrater

invertebrater
Mar 6, 2009
Northern California
Real Name
Tommy
Hi guys,

well.. today i started my 75g paludarium build, after getting some supplies to get started. i'm planning to keep and attempt to breed freshwater land crabs most likely the Geosesarma Bogorensis sp. i've done a lot of research and i think im going with a false bottom multi level build using egg crate and greatstuff foam. here are some pictures of the progress so far, so let me know what you think? :thm:

build1.jpg build2.jpg build3.jpg build4.jpg

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
really nice start. I think you might end up wanting the land to be lower in the end, so you have more airspace to let them climb around etc... but you certainly have enough space as is.

from my recent experience, I feel strongly inclined to point you towards using cork bark rather than foam. The cork bark is SO nice to work with, and is a lot easier to install than the foam. You could use cork on top of your false bottom. You could use foam to seal between the cork if you wanted, I found that I was able to get away without foam, and use silicone, mesh, and substrate to bridge gaps. and the end result is really stunning, after I built one cork tank, I had to build another... (one has a false bottom structure too.)

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
Looking good I would also think about more land area since Geosesarma Bogorensis sp. are more land based then water based crabs if you really want a nice colony.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store