My 135 gallon reef tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

reefbumgm333

Reef Bum
Apr 19, 2009
Tulsa OK
I acquired this tank several years ago. I started it as a reef, then had a bad bout with hair algae so it was changed to a fowlr, then after the hair algae issue was solved I turned it back into a reef two years ago.
The tank is an oceanic, I am currently running a 30gal refugium with a mag 24 return. My skimmer is an Aqua-C EV-180 with a mag 5 pump.
The lighting consists of A 72" Current nova extreme pro light with 12-36" t-5 bulbs.
The flow consists of 4 korallia-4's and the returns from the sump.
The livestock consists of
1-potters angel
1-striped squirrelfish
2-black saddleback clowns
1-ORA oscellaris clown
1-lawnmower blenny
1-green mandarin
1-six lined wrasse
1-rescued engineer goby
2-blue/green chromis
1- yellow tang
1- green mandarin

I have numerous coral, too many to list.

I do 25% waterchanges every 2-3 weeks, try to do every 2 weeks, but hey I'm human and tend to make it 3 weeks.
I dose 2 part B-Ionic every other night.

Here are some current tank shots. These are poor shots that I took in a hurry. I will have to get some better shots in the coming week.

FTS

Left side

Middle

Right Side

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
It's quite the 'looker' isn't it? Very nice reef, reefbum. ;)

reefbumgm333

Reef Bum
Apr 19, 2009
Tulsa OK
Thanks for all the kind words from everyone. I will have to start another thread of individual coral and fish pics I have accumulated.

Wow, VERY NICE.. and I thought I had a lot of corals.. you put me to shame. ;)
I still think you have one up on me, hopefully I can find that potters wrasse in the near future. BTW does the angel and wrasse get along well?

Amphiprion-Very nice. Yet another wonderful T5-only tank!
Thanks, I have only had the t-5's since November, but so far there is much less heat and much cheaper to run than a halide setup.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store