Brightwell Aquatics Florin-Axis

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Luvbugz

The Suicidal Townie
Apr 18, 2007
Indiana
Has anyone had experience with this product? Does it work as well ( or better) than Seachem Excel?

Brightwell Aquatics Florin-Axis
Carbon Source & Krebs
for Planted Fresh Water Aquaria

Product Description:

* A concentrated source of bioavailable carbon, Krebs cycle intermediates, humic and amino acids, and naturally-occurring phytohormones.
* May be used as a primary or supplementary source of carbon (compatible with CO2 supplementation).
* Provides key components of the Krebs cycle, the series of biochemical reactions that are ultimately responsible for converting complex organic molecules into energy in all aerobic organisms; benefits are more efficient metabolism of foods and available nutrients for fishes and plants alike, as well as enhanced decomposition of latent organic material (and cleaner aquaria).
* Provides naturally-derived sources of humic substances, which aid plants in the uptake of important nutrients such as iron, calcium, magnesium, etc., and can even increase the availability of these substances in the aquarium environment.
* Formulated utilizing extensive research on aquatic plant nutrient requirements and Molecular Biology.

0reo

Registered Member
May 23, 2009
I would also like to hear from anyone with more experience on this subject. I just finished my first 500ml bottle of Florin Axis but I've never used Flourish Excel (nor CO2) before so I have no basis for comparison.

I did notice that the Florin Axis sped up my plant growth noticeably without any apparent side effects. I would dose 70gal with between 5ml-20ml of Axis per day. I wasn't terribly consistent with my tank upkeep but during good periods with frequent water changes and some broad spectrum liquid ferts I had plants growing oxygen bubbles all over the place. The bubbling of the plants was really something. Some of them had a continuous stream of tiny bubbles that went on for weeks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store