Sick Pleco

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

2themax

Registered Member
Apr 3, 2009
This guy came with a used tank I bought. He has fin rot, white cloudy eyes and not moving much at all.

The tank was in pretty bad shape. The fresh water change put him into shock I think. Also, I do not have a heater so the water is a little cooler than he needs.

Should I just put him out of his misery or try to save him.

:confused:

bettabrat

AC Members
Feb 2, 2009
CT
Awww don't give up on him yet! Granted he might be stressed, who doesn't get that way sometimes? Fresh water, maybe a pinch of salt, try a fresh veggie??? Maybe some squash or zucchini?

2themax

Registered Member
Apr 3, 2009
The tank is about 20 to 30 gallon octogan tank.

Not sure what kind, I know it is a regular pleco, nothing rare or special. Probably bought at Walmart.

The tank and fish were given to me.

krytan

Sep 2, 2007
Norwich, England
Real Name
Wayne
If i was you i would nurse it back to health then rehome it unless you have a 150g tank to keep it in, common plecos will grow to 18-24".

2themax

Registered Member
Apr 3, 2009
If i was you i would nurse it back to health then rehome it unless you have a 150g tank to keep it in, common plecos will grow to 18-24".
your right, I will try to nurse him back to health ... he seems to look a little better

what should I feed him?

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Glad you're going to help him get better. He deserves a good home and adequate tank. Algae wafers are a good start for common plecos. I don't have commons buy my plecs like the Wardley algae discswafers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store