Cory eggs??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clb2196

AC Members
Feb 21, 2009
Mass
I just commented to my husband before that it looked like my new cories (thanks to Redkahuna!!!) were spawning. Just now I walked by the tank and saw eggs! Are these cory eggs? If they are, should I consider trying to raise the fry? They're in a community tank with 12 danios and 7 cories, and a mystery snail right now, but I have an empty 5 gallon.

DSCN0922.JPG

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
Yes, those are corie eggs. They may be eaten by the fish in the tank, Im not sure about how to move them,, maybe someone else can chime in.

clb2196

AC Members
Feb 21, 2009
Mass
If you want to raise them you can remove them to a breeder box/net by simply rolling them off the surface and onto your finger (they are very sticky)
Would they be okay in the 5 gallon? I don't have a breeder box. :( I could get one tomorrow, if they'd last that long...

ETA: Even if I can't save 'em, major props to Redkahuna for what seem to be very happy fish. :D I've only had them 5 days!

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
They would do fine in the 5 as long as there is a filter and heater. Keep an eye on them though if they turn white then they are not viable eggs. Also if they stay the color they are they are fine. It is important that you add some type of fungicide to keep the fungus away from the eggs if you decide to keep them. I usually use plan old peroxide at the rate of one capful for every gallon of water.

clb2196

AC Members
Feb 21, 2009
Mass
Looks like a few are white, but most aren't, yet at least. Should I take the substrate out of the 5? Do I lower the water when I take the eggs out? It seems like it would be harder to get them off underwater, but will they dry out too much otherwise?

I'm trying to look up info but there's so much conflicting info out there. :( I thin I could get some peroxide, would I need it tonight?

REDKAHUNA

AC Members
Mar 4, 2009
MARYLAND
They sure look like cory eggs to me. LOL Good to see they spawned. If there are a few hidding places a few might survive. If you really want to try remove them they roll easy with a finger and stick. I put a slate under the water and then roll the eggs off and onto the slate before removing.

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
That's a great idea about the piece of slate to put the eggs onto before you leave the tank!!

REDKAHUNA

AC Members
Mar 4, 2009
MARYLAND
Here is what I do after getting the eggs. I keep 5 gallon baby tanks these tanks hold several types each from newly hatched to 1 month olds or older. They are just like the other tanks sand substrate wood java from the many lays. I would put them in the 5 if they hatch they hatch. This being there first lay some or all may go bad. I do not put any chemicals in my water unless I have had trouble with that type of cories eggs going bad for me. Watch and hope.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store