Spawning Angels????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dave Cushing

AC Members
Jul 31, 2003
Lake Balboa, CA
Visit site
Woke up this morning to some odd behavour in my tank. My angels were on one end and all my other fish were in schools on the other end. I looked around sure enough, there are about 20-30 white eggs on a leaf of one of my red rubins.

Here are my questions.

1. Does the appearance of the eggs mean that the pair I have are mated? In other words would the female lay eggs and the male not fertilize them?

2. Assuming the parents don't eat the eggs, how long is the gestation period?

3. Should I consider moving the parents and the plant to a new tank?

Thanks

Dave Cushing

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
only by observing your angels while spawning or getting wrigglers(fry) can you deturmine if you have a true pair

the pair would probably be to disturbed if you moved them to keep careing for the current batch

if the eggs were on somthing more solid you could move them to another tank and with a airstone for curculation hatch the eggs that way

currently I would just leave them as they are and see how good of parents they are... the tank sounds like it is big enough for the time being to keep them happy... but with the tetras you have in there you might loose alot of the babies...

better wait and make plans to deal with future spawnings than try to rush and deal with the first one... often takes the new parents a time or two to figure out what to do anyway

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store