i hate my job!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shadow999991

AC Members
Feb 12, 2009
there was a betta at work that had a realy bad case of ick, and i told one of the pet people about it (they had no idea what i was saying) so i told them it's a problem fish get when there stressed out and that they could buy medicine for it or if they wanted i could take him home and treat him over the weekend, and they told me they'd think about it, so later i find out they flush the poor little guy while he was still alive. how cruel is that

Reframer

AC Members
Feb 22, 2009
Minnesota
Do you have an HR department? I would tell them if you do, becuase it seems they deliberately did it to bother you since you had already volunteered to treat it.

BoCoMo

In need of grace
Mar 2, 2009
Missouri
Just had a VERY similar situation at a buddy of mine's business. Whenever I would stop by (to use his copy/fax) I would see this betta alone in a small bowl. I would change water whenever I was there (about all I could do) and eventually the inevitable happened and no more fish. At least now it's no longer suffering... (more support for Jag's fish license idea....)

shadow999991

AC Members
Feb 12, 2009
well i tryed to tell my boss about but the people who come in (pet keepers) are volanteers who take care of the cats and dogs, and pritty much just feed the birds and fish they evan told me they hate all those fish. but they can't realy do anything.

Madding

A frog among toads.
Apr 12, 2009
New York
Calling top-tier management (off-site HQ?) would probably yield some results if you could get more evidence of fish cruelty. I would hope nothing else happens, but if you have even one or two more examples, and can tell when you filed a complain to your immediate superiors (who ignored it) the big bosses might be inclined to do something.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Tell PETA. Maybe they'll take a bit of their money out of buying gasoline for pyromaniacs to use on animal testing facilities and use it for bad petstore owners.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store