Lima, Asian Striped Cats and Angels

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mokmu

AC Members
Jan 10, 2002
Singapore/Philippines
I have recently added 2x Lima shovelnose Cats and some 4xAsian Striped Catfish to my pre-dominantly pseudacanthicus tank. I already have two angels cruising the mid to surface area.

Problem: I have noticed that everytime I put fish fry out for all of them, it seems that Limas get nothing. The Asian Striped Cats and the angels are to quick for the Limas. Limas normally eat via stealth mode and they get last, if not, no pickings at all. Looks like stealth has no use in an active tank with cruisers such as angels hanging around.

Okay, the Asian cats are going into an all Asian tank soon. Just waiting for the cycle. How can I feed the Limas properly? Shall I have to move the angels out? How much longer can these Limas go without food? Thanks for any advice.

Regards,
Mike D.

ewok

Senile Member
Jun 11, 2002
new haven ct.
i had mine eating frozen beefheart and shrimp pellets. (the lima) if they get hungry enuf they'll eat is my guess. i'm not very familiar with what else you have in the tank, but if it's something the lima can eat i would be careful. i was keeping my lima in a 90g with a 4 line pim and an asian upside down cat and 2 bala sharks and i swear it had to be the one that ate the bala. the lima was only about 8" and the bala was about 5"....... i was amazed to see it missing and the lima was the most likely cantidate...... (and i was feeding them all pretty well.)

i would suggest trying to wean them all off the feeders. it's much easier and safer to feed prepared foods. feeders don't have a really big nutritional value and carry the risk of diseases unless you raise them yourself.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store