New LTA

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NewGuy69

Registered Member
Feb 19, 2009
Hi guys, I'm new on here and it is great to see hobbyists helping hobbyists.

I brought home an LTA about a week ago, but it would seem I was slightly misinformed about placement. My research told me that they would go on live rock or the sand or even stick to the glass.

I thought it would be best to place him on top of the live rock where he would be unobstructed by the rock and would be able to open up fully and be closer to the lights. He did move around a little on top of the rock and then seemed to stick his foot in a crevice on the rock. All in all, he looks healthy.

Since placing him there, I continued researching this guy and discovered they should be put in the sand (although, some of them will ultimately prefer to be on live rock). I guess my question is should I leave him alone, or should I try to move him down to the sand? Will he in fact move if he isn't happy there, or is there a chance he might have just gotten stuck on the rock?

Thanks for your help guys!

Ryan

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
You're talking about an anemone I'm guessing, but I don't know what kind. They will go where they want regardless, so there is no point really in moving it yourself.

davocean

AC Members
Nov 18, 2009
San Diego CA
LTA's prefer sand.
If it goes up on rock, normally that means light is too weak.
I would not remove him if he's anchored, tearing the foot will kill it.
It will move down to sandbed as long as light is good.
Moderate light and flow, good water quality is key.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store