A loach with goldfish and snails?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

anniejensen

AC Members
Feb 23, 2009
I'm keeping some temporary cories for a friend in my tank with goldfish, apple snails, MTS, and lil ramshorn snails. I'm holding them for her while she moves. I like the cories and how they are always cleaning up the bottom... I have sand substrate and it gets dirty-looking fast. I'm wondering about a snail-safe loach for when the cories leave. I read that some types can go in colder water, although I don't keep my tank too cold(around 72). My tank is pretty well fully stocked, so I only want one loach if it would do OK on its own. So, does the loach of my specifications exist?? I've never had a loach before so what else should I consider before I buy?

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
why not just get a school of cories if you like them? lol

btw.. keeping tropical fish with goldies isnt a good idea

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
A dojo loach fits your bill if the tank is at least 55g, Annie. I've mixed my dojo with apple snails and MTS with no issues. Luckily, the dojo is compatible with goldfish as well. Consider yourself lucky if the dojo learns to eat on your hands.:hearts:

anniejensen

AC Members
Feb 23, 2009
Yeah, I know. They are temp *AND* that's the reason I'm not planning on getting cories. Thank you, now wanna answer my question??

anniejensen

AC Members
Feb 23, 2009
Oh.. I almost forgot... will the dojo be OK with my plants?? I guess if they are surviving the goldfish, I don't really want to stack anything else against their survival. :)

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Oh.. I almost forgot... will the dojo be OK with my plants?? I guess if they are surviving the goldfish, I don't really want to stack anything else against their survival. :)
Well, dojos are the lesser evil although they can uproot plants that have not firmly established themselves yet.:)

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Dojos work great with goldies, annie. I have 3 of them in with mine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store